Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Best of Paint-your-tongue...

This is the second time I've been to Pangnirtung, and any of you who read my now-deleted blog, know that I fell in love with both the community and the French chef at the Lodge. Yep, I heart Louis, and I don't care if the whole world knows it. Any man who cares that much about my food is all good in my books!!

This time though, I met even more people, and that really is the best part of being in any of the communities. Anyone who knows me will tell you how very much I love to talk, and there is never a shortage of people here who share that passion!

This trip, in addition to getting to know one of the gentlemen from Dorset, I also shared stories with several wonderful teachers, an amazing photographer, a quirky nurse, a dentist and his assistant son, and a jail guard.

Although I have done a lot of walking this trip, the stupid battery in my stupid camera have died. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to take any pics. *le sigh*

I am off again in the morning, this time to Qikiqtarjuaq (say it 10 times fast...), and will hopefully have new batteries for the trip. Hehehe...

Until we meet again...

3 comments:

  1. If you happen to bump into Daisy or Oolana at the hamlet office in Qik...tell them Darcy says hello. Oolana was a student of mine when I taught there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SAO Rick Van Horne is origionally a New Brunswicker.

    Us Maritimers like to keep track of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I would love to say hello to everyone for everyone, but unfortunately I don't go to the Hamlet at all, only to the LHO - sorry guys!!

    D

    ReplyDelete