Monday, November 16, 2009

So long snow and ice, hello... snow and ice?

I know it's been forever. We're all pretty used to me slacking on the blog front though, so I expect no one was holding their breath.

For those who didn't already know, I resigned from my position in Cape Dorset. It makes me sad even thinking about it, but a decision had to be made, and for personal and health reasons, I am back in the hot hot south. Except it's not really hot hot. I guess it is November though.

I can't even begin to tell you all how amazing my Nunavut experience was for me. The people I met and the places I visited will stay with me for the rest of my life. I sincerely hope that the friends I made will stay in my life. I hope that someday I have the chance to go back and maybe work there again.

I guess we can never really say where life is going to take us.

Until we meet again...

40 comments:

  1. Sorry you've left the north Desiree. I hope you keep blogging though. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for taking so long to comment but I haven't been around the blogging community for the last 2 months.

    Definitely keep in touch. Fortunately (unfortunately?) friends are friends for very long times.

    We've been missing you at work and at the weekend poker game. And we've all been worried about you.

    Hey I still have some of your books! Good reading by the way. :o)

    You are being missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since it is the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.............................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 與朋友在一起,分擔的痛苦是減半的痛苦,分享的快樂是加倍的快樂。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 人生有些波折,才能有些成長,所以不論順逆,凡是成長、成功的助緣,都應該心存感激。 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 噴泉的高度,不會超過它的源頭。一個人的事業也是如此,它的成就絕不會超過自己的信念。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. 我的痛苦會停止,但求我的心能征服它。........................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. 如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. 永遠不要躊躇伸出你的手。也永遠不要躊躇接受別人伸出的手。.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 堅持是為著某種目的或目標,而持續不斷朝向既定方向努力的一種意念。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  12. 大肚能容,了卻人間多少事,滿腔歡喜,笑開天下古今愁。..................................................

    ReplyDelete